Regardless if you are looking for a shell to rehabilitate, a new renovated home, rental or anything in-between, the Shaw Neighborhood Housing Corporation is here to help you become familiar with our neighborhood and community. If you would like a tour of the neighborhood or just have some questions about Shaw, please contact me directly at 314-773-7429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shaw Neighborhood is a vibrant, diverse community. Here are some recent press clippings about Shaw.
• The Riverfront Times selected Shaw as the “Best Place to Live” in St. Louis, citing it as an
• New York Times travel reporter Dan Saltzstein called Shaw, a “leafy neighborhood” where “stately architecture mixes with hip spots.”
• This Old House named Shaw as one of the “Best Places in the Midwest to Buy an Old House,” saying the community “has been on an upward trend for more than a decade and shows no signs of flagging.”
The Shaw Neighborhood has excellent educational options with no fewer than 10 schools located within walking or biking distance of your new home. These options include City Garden, www.citygardenschool.org/ and their new multi-million dollar building on Tower Grove Avenue. This free, nationally recognized charter school will move into their new building in August 2012 to educate over 300 students. Please see our website for more information about school options at www.shawhousing.org.
The Shaw Neighborhood has a local bar and Grill, Thurman Grill http://www.thurmangrill.com/, Bakery/Art Studio, Sweet Art http://www.sweetartstl.com, Wine Bar , Sasha’s http://sashaswinebar.com/, and southern style restaurant, Mama Josephine’s http://mamajosephines.com/. In addition, Shaw is a close walk to all the great restaurants on Grand Avenue. The Shaw Neighborhood also has a vintage clothing store and multiple other small businesses (photography studio, hair salons, acupuncture, etc. Last, the Shaw Neighborhood has a dog park!
The location of our neighborhood (next to MOBOT, Tower Grove Park, major employment centers and all the major highways), the architectural styles and craftsmanship of our homes in addition to the work and passion of the Shaw community of residents, investors, and business owners, are the main reasons for our success.
When you decide to buy, please consider the following:
1. Do you want to live in a diverse neighborhood that promotes walking and biking as opposed to driving?
2. Do you want to pay high property taxes in other municipalities?
3. Do I want to live in a true neighborhood where residents talk and support each other?
4. Do you want to be 5-10 minutes from a Cardinals game, the Zoo, CWE, Science Center, Washington Avenue, Rams games, City Garden, City Museum, The Grove, etc?
I look forward to hearing from you. Please strongly consider Shaw when deciding to move!